Fall is finally here. One of my favorite seasons for many reasons and one being the 'feeling'. I love the leaves changing, the gathering of friends and family, the trips and the nostalgia behind the meaning of fall. East coast fall is so different from West coast fall. You have longer summers and chiller winters once they come. We can't wait to cross off all the things on our fall bucket list and make those memories along the way.
One thing that we have crossed off so far is apple picking. We visited Valley View Farms in Delaplane, Virginia and it was just a dream. We got to pick dozens of red and green apples and even took home a couple of pumpkins. What was unique about the place was there was a single silo and a tree was growing out of it! This farm is in rural Virginia and you can see some amazing views in this part of the country. We went with family and it was so special to spend time with loved ones. The next item on our list is visiting a pumpkin patch and we can't wait to take more advantage of the season!
Today's Playlist Friday is for those slow summer nights where you just wanna relax and slow dance to those 'moonlight' inspired tunes. Summers are one my favorite times of the year, especially the nights and lately we have had some slow nights where we want to reflect on our day and listen to some slow tunes. This playlist is perfect for just that.
We took our 1 year anniversary photos on our last night in Idaho at the Saint Anthony Sand Dunes dancing under the moon during golden hour. I thought this playlist would be a great little commemoration to our time spent there. Reflecting on one year of marriage has been amazing and we were able to celebrate it in one of our favorite places on earth, Park City Utah.
Being the first of many anniversaries is so special to me as both of us have grown together in so many ways. Within the past year, we have traveled to more states than I can remember and drove across the country twice in our little Honda. Countless memories within 365 days and I wouldn't change it for the world.
Enjoy the playlist! (Linked at the bottom)
Starting this new series on the blog because I just love music and I find myself listening to these specific songs everyday. I am going to be posting a playlist every Friday morning since I find such great new music every week.
I hope to help you find some new song favorites and maybe even rediscover some old favorites. I will try to include various genres so everyone can find something they may love. Some of these are perfect for a long drive or even a workout. If you have any recommendations, feel free to share as well!
I love music talk and being the all music connoisseur that I am, I need some new inspiration every week.
If you would like to check out all these songs and more check out my Spotify!
Motiv8- J. Cole
Praise The Lord- A$AP Rocky
Morning After- dvsn
Jump- Julia Michaels
Better Now- Post Malone
Girls Like You- Maroon 5, Cardi B
One Kiss- Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa
Flowers- The Neighbourhood
Weight in Gold- Gallant
Floating- Alina Baraz, Khalid
The brutal Idaho winters are upon us and we definitely took advantage of them this past weekend with a staggering 6 inches of snow. We spent our day in the woods exploring unknown parts. We even had time to stop at 5/11 Main in Ashton and enjoy their delicious pizza, seriously the best in Idaho (Our favorite is the Grand Teton!)
This outfit came in handy when it came to chilly weather. The jacket is the softest material ever and the print is so Western, I absolutely love it. With such a statement jacket I think it is important to keep your other basics minimal. I got this jacket at D.I, which has proved to be my favorite thrift store. So many good finds are in this area so if you ever find yourself in Idaho or Utah, stop by!
Jacket and Hat were Thrifted!
Black Jeans- Express
Ankle Boots- Cut Out Booties from Target
(in Cognac color)
Next To Me- Imagine Dragons
Lose My Cool- Amber Mark
Amber Mark is so cool. Her music style and vibe is so inspiring and really compelling. Her culture and ancestry really come through her music and I find that so incredible. Besides "Lose My Cool" being my favorite from her, "Monsoon" is also another great one.
Dark Necessities- Red Hot Chili Peppers
I re-discovered the Red Hot Chili Peppers recently and they optimize rock n' roll. Their music is so good and crazy that you can see how it has influenced so many generations. Dark Necessities to me, has so many different types of genres in it for just one song and that is what makes it so good.
River- Leon Bridges
I actually find a lot of my music from TV Shows because I am such a TV nerd and I found this one from the show "Big Little Lies" which features so many great artists. This song can make you so emotional yet soulful. Leon Bridges is one of the best artists of this generation and really takes you back in time through his music.
My My My!- Troye Sivan
Troye Sivan's music will always have a place in my heart because his concerts were one of my first! His vibe and overall music genre is really fun and makes you want to dance. My My My! is one of his newer songs and will make you want to put on a dance party. Immediately.
Love Lies- Khalid, Normani
Khalid is one of my favorites and his music makes me so jealous I am not a teenager anymore because it really speaks to a younger generation. I love his nostalgic vibe and how he puts all his music together. This is one of Normani's first hits and her vocals are so powerful just as they are in Fifth Harmony. I love that both these artists are evolving for the better sound.
17 things about 2017:
1. The year we learned what being in love means and starting our life adventures together.
2. The year we lived in Utah and Idaho together.
3. The year we found out what losing a family member truly means.
4. The year we traveled to Arizona, Virginia, Utah, New York, Las Vegas, and Chicago.
5. The year we traveled cross country from Idaho to Virginia in 3 days.
6. The year we got married.
7. The year did Disney World for 4 days.
8. The year we had two baby boys added to our growing niece and nephew list.
9. The year we camped Yellowstone.
10. The year Hyrum finally set foot on a beach.
11. The year J traveled to Macchu Picchu.
12. The year Hyrum won a flag football championship.
13. The year we spent our first Christmas together.
14. The year we started this blog.
15. The year we spent the longest time apart.
16. The year we celebrated our dating anniversary.
17. The year we were half way done with school.
2017 brought us some very rare moments that we will cherish forever. It was also the year of change, good change. We are looking forward to 2018 and more of the changes that will come from the new year. It will be even brighter and better. Here's to 2018!
-Hyrum & J.
1. Madewell Tiered Button Back Top: This top is so perfect for any occasion and I love the button detailing on the back. Madewell is probably my favorite store. Ever.
2. LOST INK Pinstripe Pinafore Jumpsuit: If you know me, you know I adore jumpsuits. They are comfy and can make you look more put together than you actually are (ha-ha!). They will forever be a staple in my closet and equally adore this one from Urban.
3. Women’s Pullover Sweatshirt with Puff Sleeves: I saw this sweater on @targetdoesitagain Instagram page and I was obsessed. It is on sale right now and the small detailing on the sleeves are to die for.
4. Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 LP: This is one of our favorite movies and we have at least one of these songs from this album on our road trip playlists at all times. If you love 80s classics then this is an album that you need.
5. Adidas Swift Run Sneaker: We are suckers for anything Adidas so these shoes are a must for any guy. These also come in black.
6. QuietComfort 35 Wireless headphones II by BOSE: These are some of the best wireless headphones out there and I think all guys would want these at some point in their lives. They are convenient for traveling and when they just want to listen to their music in peace. These are a little pricy but here is an alternative that is just as perfect.
7. Vans Classic Sneaker: These shoes are classic and comfy. I own the plain white ones and I find myself wearing them more than any of my other pair of shoes.
8. Nike Air Huarache: I have wanted these shoes for as long as I can remember and I just die over them every time we hit up a Nike Store. I have to convince myself not to splurge on these because they are so practical for everyday and so comfy.
9. Men’s Standard Fit Lightweight Bomber Jacket- Goodfellow & Co.: Bomber jackets always make guys look put together and I love the way it looks. This one will definitely be on our Christmas checklist.
10. Apple Pencil for iPad Pro: I have wanted to take up my passion for calligraphy seriously for a while now and I think this little pencil will take it to the next level. I cannot wait to invest some good money on this kind of thing and create something new.
Enjoy this gift guide/wishlist for this 2017 year! & Happy Holidays!
-Hyrum & J.
The Story of Harley:
We had planned on getting a puppy for a while now and it finally came time to finalize that decision. It was a Saturday morning when we woke up early and decided today is the day. We headed to a Animal Shelter that morning so excited and very hopeful that we would find the right pup. We intended on getting a black or brown Labrador, but we knew our chances would be slim since the shelter only had a few dogs up for adoption.
As soon as we walked in, we headed straight for each and every kennel looking for the perfect one. We turned a corner and found a group of small puppies that had all been rescued from California, while the wildfires were going on. They were brought to this pound in Idaho because no one wanted them anywhere else. Our hearts broke when we heard the story and we were pressed on picking one these puppies.
As soon as we saw Harley I leaned over to Hyrum and said, "this is the one". She was just a frail 5 month old puppy that was sitting there with her eyes wide open and a look of curiosity.
We quickly went back to the front desk, signed the papers and just like, she was ours.
We have had her for about a week now and it has taken her a little time to adjust to the home but now she is confidently leading us wherever she wants to go. She loves the outdoors and we are so excited for all the adventures that we can finally take her on.
We already love her so much and we look forward to seeing what the future holds for this now family of three.
Harley is an Australian Shepard Mix with a playful heart and a gentle spirit.
UPDATE: Since writing this post we have lost our sweet Harley due to other circumstances. We know she is in a better place now and we keep this post in memory of her.
-Hyrum & J
.Our home has been our sanctuary these past couple days and it has been so fun trying to decorate and make it feel like a part of our life styles. Home for both of us has been in random places these past couple of years as we have been in school and traveling. So to be in a place that is finally called our own, it feels different yet amazing. We will do a full blog post soon with our full house tour but for now we will be sharing just a few moments of a small in home session that we did. We love this little abode of ours and we cannot wait to finally make it feel like home.
- Hyrum & J
I couldn't find the exact link for the same floor runner but I found the Kilim Area Rug from Target and this is the perfect accessory to our kitchen!
Prints are from Parabo Press where you can get 25 square prints for $8 (yup $8!)
Crosley player was thrifted
We bought this from Porter's craft store but since they do not have an online shop. I found an alternative at just about the same price.